Friday, 20 February 2015

Introducing my Bug project - '65 Typ-1

I bought this '65 1200 Bug around two years ago. At the time I had also another older Fifties oval windowed Bug project in my garage which was missing quite a few parts. I wanted to own one which was a bit more complete. So I wrote a want to buy add to our local VW forum and ended up buying this one. I managed to sell my oval bug last autumn and now I have a bit more space in my garage for this one.

I don't have a special plan for the car yet and it is not going to be a short term project. I'm going to focus on getting my Suzuki T250J ready for the summer. I have already disassembled the car and separated the body from the floor pan. I'm going start from restoring the floor pan first by changing the floor plates and napoleon hat and go on from there. The body is going to need extensive rust repair but I'm not going the start repairing it before I finish the floor pan. This bug still has its original 1200 engine and transmission which I'm also going to rebuild.




No comments:

Post a Comment